I made the juice!
Here’s what I added:
- 1/2 Medium Cucumber (with skin)
- 2 Gala Apples (cored – not sure if that is necessary)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Lemon (peel removed with knife – not sure this is necessary either)**
- 1 Handful of Spinach (about a cup)
- 3 Inches Frozen Banana (I chop my bananas in inch-ish long pieces before freezing)
- Handful of Ice
I recommend adding the more bulky ingredients prior to the spinach in the Vitamix, otherwise you will have minced spinach at the bottom and a pile of solids above it. Whoops. And I did not consume this entire creation. I had two average coffee mugs worth in place of an early lunch (and sadly wasted the rest – is it ok to drink the next day?). When I offered, and then forced Scott to try it, he held his nose and closed his eyes as I poured it into his mouth, and… imagine how a 4 year old might react to a bright green drink knowing it’s flavored with vegetables. Not happening! * sigh*
Here’s what I would try differently next time:
- Only one apple – less sugar
- Fresh ginger root – reduces inflamation and increases absorption of nutrients
- More cucumber – flavor does not overpower, better than water
- Add a table spoon or so coconut oil
- Experiment with other veggies
Any recommendations are appreciated! Enjoy!
**I read here that the peels are highly beneficial, but probably smart to not include the entire peel for taste purposes. Maybe I will grate a portion of the peel into the juice before mincing.
**Check out my FAQ Ingredients Page – leave a comment if there’s something you’d like to see added!